There's no feeling in the world like creating something from nothing and to nurture it into this world.
I like to be part of teams that are creating truly astonishing products that people come to use and love every day. Sometimes this is something I've started off on my own, but mostly it's bringing an experienced team together or joining an existing one where we can work on things together. There's nothing else I'd rather be doing.
- Can attract top-notch individuals to work as part of a team or idea
- Passive but gentle persuasive nature with an open-minded approach to leadership
- Can bridge technology, marketing, and product
- The ability to step up and lead when necessary but to step back when it's best for others to lead
- Ability to become a domain expert on a specific sector or business in a very short space of time - through "sponge mode" on the fly.
- Unlimited "ish" enthusiasm and drive
- Determined and committed
- Degree in Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence (I'm tech savvy and a former coder)
What I've Achieved
- Coded and launched one of the first price comparison sites to the world.
- Built and exited from 3 businesses (1 large, 1 medium, 1 small) in the UK.
- Launched the first wireless broadband product into the UK market while at telewest (now virgin)
- Build a strong base of contacts and connections throughout the Europe and the US.
- Self-Made: No wealthy family history or secret funds.
- Led product and development teams through numerous successful launches
- Have worked on price comparison sites, a high-end daily deal business, a couple of pure e-commerce plays, and a coffee subscription experiment.
- Learnt from my failures and willing to accept other people's solutions when they are better than mine.